Followers

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

ANOTHER FULL DAY....FEELIN' A LITTLE BETTER

Chores as usual. Cold, windy, grey....

When it looks like rain, I put the hay under the shed roof...am I glad we added that to the barn.


I must have slept through macro Monday, as I did not post any photos this week. So here are a few for my macro Tuesday.










At 1:30 my class arrived. They were all busy today, working on projects of their choice. Occasionally I present something, but in general, they stick to whatever is their "thing." A few prefer painting, and others prefer colored pencil or ???? I am there as a catalyst. They are most appreciative when I declare their projects FINISHED.

Mel finished up his colored pencil drawing.

Tina has started a new painting.

Donna finished her colored pencil drawing.

Connie continues to work on filling a watercolor sketchbook with paintings.

Dick is back to painting.

Mel has started on a new colored pencil drawing.

Sandy is painting her favorite subject.

Tina switched back to a drawing of a fawn and a kitten.

Deb is working on perspective drawing.

Donna completed this mixed media piece at home.

Here is Connie's newest painting.


When class finished, I set the house up for bridge. My turn to host it tonight. Three tables...playing duplicate.

We ate dinner before chores, and I went out at 6. By now the sky was sensational!








Took a shower and was ready for the crew to arrive at 7:15.



Here are some of the ingredients for the evening. I served cheese and crackers, grapes, cider and donuts, dried fruit with yougert covered peanuts, apple betty and real whipped cream, coffee, tea and soft drinks. And that's peanuts compared to what some of the others serve.






























Did you ever play bridge? It's a great game...and I really love playing duplicate because the winning team is made up of people who play the cards better than the others. We all play the same hands (at different times).

Everyone left by 10:30...Gary was kind enough to do the dishes. After I let the dogs out, I am crawling into bed. Night all.

5 comments:

Kcalpesh said...

Interesting way to keep the mystery in the picture :-D Nice shot!

Thanks for your kind comment on my Skywatch Friday Photo.

- Pixellicious Photos

Anonymous said...

Like your shed roof for the horses to get under when it's raining - wish we had one. It was fun to see the different works from the class - lots of interesting things!

I played bridge some in college and not since (a long time ago) - I remember enjoying it - it was a challenge.

Anonymous said...

It is SO nice to see the work of your students...some great talents! I did make your spaghetti sauce...sort of - used ground beef and of couse didn't have time to let it sommer for so long...but it was gooood!
ronelle

Mary Olson said...

Glad you are feeling better. That was quite a busy day you had. I don't know how you do it.

Gayle said...

I really like the dragonfly artwork. Very creative.