Followers

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE...

Today I stopped in at the Cretney's. Al and Brenda are both artists, and whenever I visit, there are many things that get photographed so I can share them with you.

Al is a carver and Brenda is a watercolorist.

I took these shots very quickly, as Phoebe and Gucci were waiting for me in the car. Some of the paintings are framed, so you will have to excuse the reflections in the glass.

I have shown you their work many times...this is the update. Brenda was in my class for some time, and has now joined another group in Rochester. She does not just dabble, she paints nearly every day. The horse above is "Billy." Brenda and he have been riding buddies for many years.



This painting is from a photograph by Ree Drummond...The Pioneer Woman link.









These are shots taken in their studio...the ideal place for work.









This is a great grouping produced by Al and two of his fellow carvers.