Followers

Monday, September 7, 2009

AND NOW FOR TODAY'S REPORT....

Nothing out of the ordinary this morning.

The ponies were happy...

until something spooked them and they all hightailed it out to the pasture.

I had mown over the Snow on the Mountain and daylillies in front of this fence....

and next to the stone wall....everything is coming in and it looks much neater now.

After chores I had to run a few errands to get ready for Cooper's family birthday dinner at the farm.

These seagulls were in the parking lot at one of my stops, and barely moved when a car came along.

They view it as a feeding station.

Had to pick up a couple of posters at home (that I had made of my Student's work many years ago) and deliver them to Helen as part of a gift basket we are going to raffle off tonight.

I can't resist her dog, Bellini.

She also had some very beautiful blossoms outside her front door.


Home in time to clean up the house and made some Peach Betty.

The corn above was grown by Finn and Cooper. Today we had our first taste and it was superb!

This Peach Betty tasted better than it looks here....

After dinner, Jenny and the kids came out to help me with chores before we had birthday cake.

Cooper was an observer, but Finn helped his Mom pick the pasture.

The birthday boy was into playing with one of his new toys.

Had to throw in this view from the back window....

Finished up and went into the house...

for Coop's birthday cake.



Took a quick shower and went down to the Canal....you can read all about it below.

1 comment:

Mary Olson said...

Looks like a wonderful Labor Day! I've been eating some corn from the neighbors field and can't believe how good it is. At least this summer's weather seems to have been good for some plants. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the small, hard little tomatoes I've got on my tomato plant....