Followers

Saturday, August 29, 2009

WHERE'S THE RAKE? EMPTY THE WHEEL BARROW....

Business as usual. The horses said they were especially comfy last night on their thick beds of sawdust (on top of nice spongy stall mats).

My associates were with me.

Mademoiselle Gucci and Phoebe Bluegrass.... (Good morning Dr. Porter!)

I ran a couple of errands and it started to rain before I got home. We were supposed to a photoshoot at 11, but it got postponed because of the weather. Jenny ran in a 5K at 9 with her friend Sharmene. Gary opened up the Alumni House so the Garden Club could prepare for their reception after the tour tomorrow....and I did some ironing (yes, I still iron).

By 1, the sun was out and our friend Louise (a Master Gardener) came up to help with the last minute work that needed to be done.

I even helped today, and I'm not the gardener in this family. You can't imagine the number of hours put in on this project! This place is as big as some of the town parks when it comes to all the flower beds and vegetable gardens. Tomorrow I am going to try to do a photo shoot of the tour...

Trina did chores while I had sun tea on the back porch....such a beautiful afternoon.

The Phoebster and Gucci relaxed.

This was one of my errands today. I went down to Country Treasures and got three new beads for my bracelet...one from Gary and two from me. I do not wear a lot of jewelry, but I love this particular piece. Can't wait until it is full. We got them for Steph, Jen, Ariana and Daniela...makes buying presents very simple...a bead for a birthday, a bead for Christmas....

Here is our Library this afternoon...as you can see, our farmhouse is jammed with everything you can think of. We need to paint this room and I can't stand the thought of unloading all the stuff...it's everywhere. Books, art, pictures, etc........

This evening we went out to dinner again.

Mary, the woman on the left, is the owner of the restaurant. She said that when she hit 80 everything started falling apart (had surgery on her hand and needs it on the other). You would never know it! She does a great job with the help of her family.

The name of this establishment (Esther) is The Viking Valhalla Restaurant.



By the way, our dinners were great and we were given a fabulous piece of chocolate cake on the house.

It was almost dark when we left.

When we turned North on Lake Road, we had to wait for a train to pass by.

I can't tell you how many times this happens when we are in Bergen.

Only about 4 miles to go....

Got home and the moon was looking gorgeous....

That night sky has such rich color.

The dogs and I are now going out to put the horses in....Night all!

2 comments:

photogchic said...

Oh...full moon! I just posted about werewolves:-)

Mary Olson said...

Wow that sky looks blue! I'm trying to figure out why your moon looks full. Ours isn't yet. I like that lacy tablecloth in your library.