Followers

Friday, August 21, 2009

TO POOPED TO PARTICIPATE...AGAIN!

Gary, Steph and the girls got up at 4:30am so he could drive them to the Buffalo Airport for a flight back to Nevada. I went back to sleep until 7, and am still tired.

When I finally dragged myself out of bed, the sky looked like this.

The dogs joined me for chores (even faster with Abbe gone).
It looks weird without that other white horse....

Got a different perspective of the new roofs when I was out back picking the pastures.

I never would have believed that they could tear off the old shingles and replace them with metal in 3 1/2 days. Amazing.


While I did some garden work, the dogs waited for me in the back yard.

By late afternoon, the temperature heated up.

Gary changed the fence situation under the new overhang. It is so much better.

Meanwhile, back in the horse barn....these babies were waiting for another feeding. The nest is so close to the ceiling, they hardly fit in it.

Here are the "feeders" waiting for me to get out of the way.

This self portrait sure gives me some nice long legs....I look nothing like this, believe me!

The pictures below are from this evening....they really need to be part of my Skywatch photos from earlier today.





And with that, I am going to say "Night All!"

3 comments:

Mary Olson said...

I hear you on the tired thing. It's been quite the week. Those baby birds are so funny looking, like stern little old men.

Mary Ellen said...

Your new roofs look amazing!

Great sky pix - we had some seriously scary thunderstorms come through today, and if I wasn't terrified, I would have tried to capture some of the awesome clouds on film.

Gayle said...

I see Pony is standing alone. How is she doing without Joe? The barns look great. You are one lucky lady. Cool shot of the birds.