Followers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A PLEASANT SURPRISE....


Well! Phoebe and Gucci got a message from Dr. Eliot Porter of Tampa. He is waiting for them on the beach.

Beautiful morning. Cool and no humidity....my kind of day.

Put the horses on the inner pasture...

...so I could mow the big one. It looks so much better.

The back forty looks a lot different without the wheat.

By the way Frank, I did not mow 100 acres, only about 2.

Gary is really getting the gardens together...everyday he has worked for hours.

At 11:30 we drove down Canal Road to the neighboring village of Holley.

We went to Sam's Diner for lunch.

I indulged myself with a Coke. Don't keep such things at home anymore, just get it if we go out.
As bad as it is, I really like one once in awhile with a sandwich for lunch.

The business district is set up on a Square and is really looking good. The shop owners have made great improvements.

Flowers are planted throughout.... When we left Sam's we drove to Kirby's to see if they had any interesting things for our gardens.

After that, we stopped at Wegmans...company for dinner.

While I got things ready, Gary took some hostas down to the Village for a big planting. Many volunteers showed up to prepare the gardens.

I picked up the house and started on dinner.

Went out to work with Abbe for half an hour. Just did some free lounging. Have a lesson on Saturday and am determined to drive her. Plan to bring my cart home so I can get going with this never ending project. It has been a huge effort....


Gary brought home a couple of bottles of wine.

I cut some sunflowers for the kitchen table.

Decided to eat on the back porch...the weather was perfect.

Around six, a car drove in the driveway...I thought it was people who wanted garlic....instead it was friends that we have not seen for 10 years. Ramy and John. What a pleasant surprise.
We invited them to stay for dinner and added two more plates to the table. Tony and Claire arrived at 6:30 and we had a great time.

Great meal and good company.

Another beautiful moon. Have to go put the horses in. Night All!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling you sleep deeply and well.

dianasfaria.com said...

I am convinced you live the perfect life! & your food always looks delish!

Gayle said...

What a fun and social life you live! Good luck with Abbe.

Ed said...

What a truely great day!! Thanks for sharing it..:-)

Frank said...

Porter is SO proud (as are his parents) to be a part of the life of the delightful Skoog girls.

I think the still-life of the sunflowers and wine bottles should become a painting. OK? My sweet grandmother, who would be well over a hundred today, was a very talented painter of fine china. Although she never actually worked, she taught china painting for 30-40 years through the city's recreation program at several rec centers. Each of her daughters and grandchildren got incredible handpainted sets of china, holiday dishes, tea sets, etc. I have several on our dining room wall. Photos of your groups painting together remind me of her classes I would attend when I was a kid. She had a huge kiln at home. Lots of fun. She painted a tea set with sunflowers for my wedding gift. My wife loves using the china on special occasions.

San said...

A perfect day. And a perfect moon to end it.

Darn, I've been craving a Coke today. I may have to indulge this evening...