Followers

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!


A very foggy morning. Got going a little late.

This is my tractor...frontloader....major piece of equipment. The way it is designed, the weight distribution is much more manageable.

Just before I finished chores, my friend Judy stopped by to see if I wanted to join her for breakfast at the Bergen Family Restaurant. I have taken you there before...it's a real townie joint
and my barn clothes remained on my body. THAT'S WHEN THE TROUBLE STARTED. For the second time since I bought my camera last September, it would not work. After much discussion with SONY, wrapped it up and sent it in for repairs. I dug out my old camera, put it together with a big fat rubberband (so the batteries can have the right contact) and for the next however many days I will have to use it. Just when I am ready for a photo shoot at Walnut Hill.

I started mowing the lawn, ate lunch, took a shower and at 1:45 had an appointment with the massage therapist, who was trying to destroy my body! When the agony ended I drove over to Holley. "Country Roads...take me home...."

Wanted to check on some hay and dropped off a couple of flakes of what I have now. DUSTY! It performed well when I shook it out for the person who baled it. Fortunately he will replace whatever is bad.

Picked up one bale that he just did, and put it in the back seat of my car so the horses can try it tomorrow morning. This is what he will use to replace my dusty stuff. Not having a truck is a royal pain.

I also returned this beautiful harness as I finally found one that fits Abbe better. A Smucker's Deluxe. It is used, but very nice.

Had to stop at the Post Office to mail out my camera and didn't get home til after 4:30. Fortunately Trina was doing chores. I finished mowing the lawn, and will go around the pastures and lane tomorrow.

A beautiful evening..

Took the masks off a little early as all the horses were in the run in.

The girls were running around like crazy...at least they did not get all muddy.









Gary went to a sculpture garden with his Garden Club and I stayed home to finish everything I did not get done today. Went down to Wallyworld to buy some cartridges for my printer and when I got home at 7, felt like starting to cook.







Began with some yellow sweet peppers and onions from our garden.

Then I added some mild turkey Italian sausage that I par boiled.

Covered it with sauce and let it simmer.

In the meantime I cut up a couple of cucumbers and tomatoes...added red onions and a little Good Seasons Italian dressing and voila!

Put the sausage, peppers and onions (sauce) on a seeded Italian roll....added a little provolone cheese and broiled it for a couple minutes. Yummy dinner.

I knuckled under and joined Netflix....watched "The Soloist" tonight....good, but I thought it would be better. Now I have to go put the horses in. Night All!

4 comments:

restoration42 said...

Sorry about your camera! Life without a camera would be just horrible. Funny how vital mine has become since my world has grown through blogging. Gucci and Phoebe sure look like they have fun together. Good thing you have the girls to keep everything running well around Skoog Farm.

Gayle said...

When you say "dusty" hay I am assuming you mean dusty from too much dirt in it? Is that from the baling? What is the problem with using dusty hay? The last bale I got for Daisy is very green and not dusty at all. (I went out and shook it just to see what you might be talking about).

I love my Netflix. Whenever we rented locally the movie would sit here for days and we had the biggest late fees. Now no more worries with that. The only problem I have is hubby wants to watch all the movies with us and since he works all the time two have been waiting a week now. (He worked his day off...Sunday and has 50+ hours in already this week with still 3 more days of work to go).

Ken Mac said...

i am enjoying your chores more and more and that food looks absolutely yummy! Thanks Lori

Mary Ellen said...

I don't know why exactly, but I just adore reading about your days. You manage to fit more into 24 hours than anybody I've ever heard of!

Dinner looked yummy!