Followers

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A NICE PACE....

Doing chores for 5 horses is a lot different than 7. Stall cleaning goes so much faster...It seems that all are adjusting fairly well regarding the loss of Target.

I started working on one of the gardens as there is so much to do before the Garden Tour on Sunday. Got in the house in time to get ready for my class.

Mel is doing his first colored pencil drawing and it's looks like it is going to be a piece of cake.

Sandy is doing a pencil drawing of a Civil War horse and rider.

Connie started a painting of the sunflowers that were on the table.

Here they are.....

Tina is still working on her acrylic painting of DJ and Eldorado.

The weather was perfect for having class on the porch.

Just because I like the way they look...

Tools of the trade.

Check out the fig tree. The conditions must be just right...it's growing like crazy.

Dear, Sweet Tina brought me this beautiful hydrangea in memory of Target. Gary is going to plant it in the back yard so we can see it when we have class out there.

After lunch, we went out to the garden and pulled out the rest of the onions. They are huge and very sweet.

I don't know about you guys, but we use a LOT of them.

Back in the house...decided to take a half hour power nap....why not? I should do this every day.

The plant from Tina will be near the back fence.....

That afternoon light makes for great photos....

Outside and inside. Below is our living room...

Around 3:45 I went out to work Abbe. Tina got my hint and will help me hook her tomorrow.

Doesn't she look great in violet?

Did chores and went in the house to make a "non-dinner." Just mixed greens topped with homemade bean salad, tomatoes, onion and a little blue cheese. Going to Apple Creek Farm at 7:30 for snacks and Birthday Cake....Jack's birthday today. He just got back from a month in China and Mongolia.

Louise had these beautiful flowers on the counter.

We brought her a basket of goodies from our garden.

She made Jack a chocolate zucchini cake that was served with ice cream....

Yum.

Home by 9:40...put the horses in and am ready for some couch time. Night All!

PS...I GOT MY CAMERA BACK THIS AFTERNOON.....Yahooooooo.

6 comments:

Mary Olson said...

The onions look great as does the zucchini cake.

photogchic said...

Lori...so sad to hear about Target:-( I was on vacation and just got back.

Frank said...

I'm happy your camera is back in your hands. NO rubber bands, glue or chewing gum.

The horse and rider scene is so-o tough to draw and paint; she is very ambitious and I wonder how it turned out.

Cake looks delicious!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful drawing of a butterfly ! And what a patience to draw so regularly !
I spent the afternoon covering books and copybooks for my little son. I found it very long.
The school will begin next week. Time to run will come back.
Have good times

Esther Garvi said...

Ah! I love your world!

Gayle said...

Abbe really does look good in violet. Bright colors really stand out on her. (Glad Tina got the hint to help you out). As always, all the food looks delicious. Horray for the repaired camera. I'm saving my money to get mine cleaned ($85-$250 depending on how long it takes :( It has a lot of dirt that shows in the shots.