Followers

Monday, August 10, 2009

COULD IT GET A LITTLE MORE HUMID?


It was hot the minute I stepped out the door. Windows and mirrors were sweaty and the cement floor in the aisle of the barn was damp. Yuck. I got so hot doing chores I soaked my head under the hydrant.

By 10 the dogs had to be at the groomers. I ran to the bank to do some business in my barn clothes...my hair was wild as I had the windows open in the car so it would dry. Home in time to move my cart out of the elements and then took a shower.

Today I was invited to a luncheon at the Cook's house. Good friend Chris was visiting from Oregon and wanted to catch up with some friends "back home."

Lauren, Chris and Ginny...

Sara (Mom) and Chris...

Lauren and Sarah (Mother of Miles and our neighbor long ago)..

Is this table setting straight out of the movies or what? Classic. Chicken salad with a side of strawberry (I can't remember the name of it)....DELICIOUS.

Dessert wasn't half bad either!

Alicia (my friend the jeweler and community art advocate) told us all about her recent class reunion in Equador.

As you can see, the service was great...

I had to pick the dogs up at 2. They both looked gorgeous.

Neither one would let me catch a good shot of them.

Evening chores...still hot and I put water all over my face to get rid of the sweat that was dripping off me.

Had to put the hay under the shed roof as it started to rain again.

Dinner was a giant salad with lots of leftovers.

Gary had a meeting at the Alumni House and I went down to Wegmans to pick up a few things.

Of course the dogs went with me....

When I took the masks off the horses the sky was beautiful.

It sure is getting dark earlier. More tomorrow. Night All!

3 comments:

Mary Olson said...

Sounds like you are having the same kind of weather we're having, now that it rained. Can't have one without the other I guess. Can you send me a piece of that cake?

Gayle said...

I am amazed at how thin you (and everyone else in your photos) are with all the tasty meals you eat! So lucky!! Gucci looks outstanding with her hair cut...very regal. (Phoebe looks really nice, too).

Anonymous said...

That barn looks very French countryside to me. Lovely.