Followers

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

ROUND THREE


At least it wasn't raining when I went out this morning!  Chores as usual.  After I finished I did a little weed wacking next to the barn and fences.  This could take weeks to finish if I do the whole fence line.
Back in the house by 11:40.  Had some lunch, took a shower and headed down for an appointment with the massage therapist.  On my way home round three took place.

For the third day in a row, the skies opened up....
and the visibility was awful.
This is how hard the rain was falling on my windshield.

There is one hill in Brockport and I go up it on my way home.  Everytime I get near the top, the rain stops and the pavement is dry.  Today was no exception
By the time I got to the farm, the sky was blue again!
The horses were not aware of any rain nearby.
I quickly worked Abbe and then went into the house to make a salad for dinner.  We were invited out to Maryellen and Jay's and had to be there by 5:30.  As I did not know how the weather was going to be, I had Justine stay at the farm in case things got nasty.
There is a new puppy!  His name is Coda.
Adorable....
and well behaved.
This is his big brother "Samson."  They are quite a pair.
I have taken you here before...what a beautiful setting.
After indulging in a few appetizers, we walked over to the raspberry patch and picked a couple of containers to take home.  Coda joined us and ate a few off the bushes.

Gary sat his wine on a post while we did the picking.  Looks like Italia doesn't it?
The sky changed a couple of times....but no rain.
Samson waited for us to finish.
Before my camera pooped out, I managed to get some photographs of their gardens.
Do you know what this is?
I had to get a photo of this rose so I can keep up with Carmon over at Star's Rest.
Both of these were in big crocks that they picked up at the Farmer's Market in Rochester.


Unfortunately, I could not take any more shots. ....so I started using Maryellen's camera and will post them when she emails them to me.  So much more to show you at this amazing farm. 
After a great feast, the four of us went out to the garden to pick peas.  We filled a huge bag in under 5 minutes.

The horses are in, Gary is sleeping and I need to get in a little couch time before I go to bed.
Want to check on the weather for tomorrow.  Night all.

1 comment:

Mary Olson said...

Quite the downpour! That glass of wine sure looks tempting, the puppy too. What a cutie!