Followers

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

OUT OF SYNC...

It all started when I woke up at 5:15am.  Then, I remembered I had a camera and used it.  Went back to sleep for two hours.
As soon as I undo the chain for the gate in the morning, Abbe starts to whinny.  I love it when she sticks her head out of the window.
After chores, I cleared out more weeds next to the stone wall out back and totally forgot about my camera...left it hanging on the wheel barrow.

Took a shower and went out to a friends to look at a couple of harnesses.  I think one of them might work for Abbe.  When I got home, grabbed lunch and then Darrin came up with his truck so we could hook up my utility trailer and go pick up some more stall mats.  BIG SALE.  When we finished that up, drove over to Glen Darach Farm to show Andrea the harness I would like to get.  Back to the farm, Gary was at a meeting, so Darrin called Trina and had her come up to help us move 8 HEAVY stall mats.  We were so clever...I have a winter plastic sled, so we rolled up each mat, put it on the sled and dragged it into the stall.  No lifting.  Perfect!  By the way, when Justine (daughter of Darrin and Trina and barn helper) and Winnie were at Houghton College for horse camp, Justine broke her arm around 8pm last night during a lesson.  Winnie spooked, started to gallop (she is blind in one eye) ran into two mounting blocks and eventually Justine was on the ground.  First she was taken to a hospital in Olean, then moved by ambulance to Strong Hospital in Rochester (arriving at 3am).  They stopped here this morning to give me an update, and all three needed some serious sleep.  Winnie will probably come home tomorrow.  What a shame.

About 4:20 Jenny called and wanted to come up for dinner with the kids and take the dogs for a run out back.  Gary missed the dinner part as he went on a Garden Tour in Rochester.  When the rest of us finished up, Jen took the boys and their dogs down the lane.  MOSQUITO HEAVEN!  They did, however, get some photos for me.

Finn in the field....


Brothers!  Finn and Coop.

Finn (5) took this great shot of Jenny and Coop...

Gee, there's Coop.

Ice and Buster Brown love to run down the lane.  They all left at 7:45 and I went out to get started on mowing the lawn.  Just before 9 I quit and remembered to pick up my camera. 
Took a lot of shots just before dark (again).





Looks like a jungle out there.


When I took the horses masks off, they were in their usual spot....so I continued to click away.



On my way back to the house....more clicking.....






Oops!  How did that garlic get in there?


Now, I am going out to put the horses in so I can get in some couch time.  Night all!

4 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

You continue to have the most packed days I could imagine. Whenever I get cranky about having too much to do, I just come here...it definitely changes my attitude.

Great pictures of the boys!

Gayle said...

So sorry for Justine (and Whinny who must have also been very scared). I hope everyone heals quickly from this ordeal (and quite glad it was only a broken arm and not worse).


Gary is a busy guy. He needs to carry a camera...I would love to see photos of his garden tour for ideas. (I actually have a lot of ideas to do things differently, but the bank doesn't seem to want to fund it! lol)

I hope you enjoyed your couch time.

Mary Olson said...

Sorry to hear about Justine and Whinny. I hope she'll heal quickly and not be afraid from the incident. Love the photo of Abbe looking out the window. Such a cool barn.

Anonymous said...

So glad your camera survived its day en plein air and that Justine will be OK. Having just experienced a hospital transfer myself, I know they can be draining. All the best to her.

btw, beautiful photos as usual.