Followers

Thursday, July 2, 2009

DAY FOUR...

I know that at least one of my blogger friends had rain 16 out of 18 days.  I don't think I would be any better at handling it than she was.
As you can see, the greenery has gone bonkers!

We have had a nest of barn swallows in the back of Joe's stall, and today the babies took flight.
Mom is on the right, baby on the left.  I wonder where they will be tomorrow.


This is what my paddock looks like.  L O V E L Y.


Fortunately the pastures are in good shape and they don't seem to be messing them up.

The Hollyhocks are starting to bloom, but the lower leaves are a mess.
As per usual, we had a torrential downpour mid day.  I was lazy today.  A friend returned a harness that did not fit her horse and we talked for a long time.

Did a little computer work and then it was time for evening chores.  Company coming for dinner.  The wheat out back is getting lighter by the day.

I give the horses a flake of hay in the evening...noticed that several have rolled in the mud...it must be the mosquitos.
The sky was different in every direction.  To the East it was bright and sunny.

In the South it was grey.


I need to get something on this pergola to get these flowers going further up the post.

At 6:30 Randy and Arlene came over for dinner.

Ham loaf, stir fried peas, spinach salad with mango, raspberries and bananas and baked potatoes with sour cream.  Dessert was a fruit cup.

Around 8:40 I went out to take the horses masks off.  The sky was beautiful again.


We ended the evening with a game of Sequence.  Gary and Randy won AGAIN!!!!!

Just put the horses in and I'm ready to close my eyes.  Night all...

No comments: