Followers

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

AND THEN THERE WERE SIX....

There was definately something different about walking into the barn this morning...no big Joe standing there waiting for his breakfast.  At least it stopped raining.  It was a little foggy and I did not rush through chores.  A sad time, but there were no options.
The afternoon sun was shining on the porch chairs....
Such a soft light....
After I mowed the lawn (it's a good thing the rain stopped), I dragged the indoor to get rid of the tractor marks.
Then I worked Abbe.  She and I are definately getting more comfortable with each other.

I did not start dinner until after 5.  Trina was doing the chores for Justine (remember, broken arm)...that's what Moms are for?  I made chicken meatballs in our homemade sauce.  Served it over linguine with a big salad and some fresh crusty bread.  It tasted great.  However, I could not be more tired.  Night all.




3 comments:

allhorsestuff said...

Boy Lori,...
(You don't have to post this..K.)
...I am sooo weepy over Joe and your heart ache. I am so attached to these lovley magestic animals God created for His pleasure and ours too. It matters not that he was yours..your descriptions of him made him mine, in my heart too.
I wish...oh I don't know...but I do believe we shall have horses in Heaven..our beloved animals.
KacyK

Gayle said...

It's okay to be tired. I am sure you are emotionally drained. We'll all be here when you are rested.

Frank said...

The soft and invitng, yet empty chairs, and your words, seem so emblematic of the feelings you have over the loss of Joe.
I visited Jon. So, sad and heartbreaking.