Followers

Sunday, July 19, 2009

AND NOW FOR THE MORNING REPORT....

While I was starting chores, I filled the water trough to the brim.  Loved the reflections in it.
No help today, so it took me a little longer.
Abbe always finishes first as she gets the smallest portion of grain.
Decent temperature, so Jenny and I decided to ride around 11.  Neither of our horses have been ridden for ages.
Target, her 26 yo thoroughbred was a real gentleman.
Berlin, my 24 yo 3/4 (squirt chubo) Trakehner gave me a few bucks when we rode outside.  A green fly would not leave her belly alone.  I like to ride her with an English hackamore.  Things ended up fine....felt good to be on a horse instead of line driving.
Finishing up in the tack room.
When I went out to the barn, Jenny was sitting in a rocker under the pergola.  The day lillies are so tall, I walked right by her.

Jenny and Target had a great ride today.  Here, they were just getting started...I bet he has not been ridden since May.  What a good boy.
 
                             

4 comments:

restoration42 said...

There is little that compares with being on the back of a horse. Love your water trough photo and am very impressed with how responsive Target was after a few months off.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Your reflection in the water trough is very artistic and pretty.
Glad you had a good ride in spite of the few bucks.
Great pictures as always, I love my daylillies too. Oh, and the picture in your next post is hilarious.

Esther Garvi said...

Love the reflection and love seeing you on horseback too!

Gayle said...

The trough shot is one of the best you've taken....I can't imagine having horses and not riding them every day.....the lilies are so pretty and I love the rocker.