Followers

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

HOT AND COLD....

When I put the horses in last night it was chilly.

This morning it was already muggy by 7:30.  After chores I started mowing the lawn (in my lovely barn clothes) and did not pay attention to the time.  At 10:25 my first student arrived and I was not ready for my class.

This was the first day the weather cooperated enough to let us meet on the porch.  3 out of 4 were starting new projects and Jean finished up the piece her grandson commissioned her to do.
Tina stayed for lunch and helped me with Abbe when we were finished.  Another step backwards!  And this time I had her totally harnessed before we went over to the indoor.  I had all the doors open (with gates across them) and the other horses kept calling to her...then there was the usual pigeon cooing....Abbe was very unsettled when we started.  Fortunately I got a few good moments out of her before we quit.  I know one thing!  Andrea would have had a fit it she had seen her at the beginning.  I'm going to have to work much harder to get over this hump.  There is no way I would have hitched her to the little red cart today.

This is what heaven must look like....right?


After evening chores, the horses went back out in the pasture...they do not want any hay during the day.


Frick and Frack were doing their thing.

Gary went out to the garden to pick more spinach for dinner.

Our friend Judy brought over two pizzas and we made a salad for dinner.  Dessert was strawberries dipped in cream.




I just went and took the masks off the horses...it is almost dark and the lighting is good for some shots of the flowers that are blooming at this time.





I am now toast and need some serious couch time.  Night all.

2 comments:

Frank said...

The pizza looks delicious. I could almost eat a slice right off my screen. (Please tell the chef that the white cheese, Northern Italian looking pie gets my vote. Does the salad come from your garden?) The dogs following along look so dutiful and well behaved.

Frank said...

You know that I like your blog very much.

Because you definitely deserve it, you are the recipient of the Honest Scrap Award, coming from my blog, Tampa Daily Photo. This is a very prestigious award and you should be proud.

Please pick it up at http://tampadailyphoto.blogspot.com

Have a glorious day in your city and thank you for your blog.