Followers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

SUNDAY STILLS CHALLENGE - BLACK AND WHITE WITH A TWIST


This week our challenge is to pick out two subjects from past challenges and convert the photographs to black and white.  Living on a farm, I have selected animal husbandry and barns.
All of these shots look the best when they are enlarged.

In this first shot, you are looking between two barns...one old, one new.
This is an interior shot...I call it a run in, as the horses have access to it all day long.
Introducing Bermuda.  He is our only remaining cat and was adopted over 15 years ago.  He hates coming in the house but has full access to a warm basement.
Every afternoon at 4pm the horses hang out in the outdoor arena.

This is Abbe...she is being line driven and hopefully will be hooked to a cart in the next two weeks.

To view other photos in the Sunday Stills Challenge:  http://sundaystills.wordpress.com

19 comments:

WhimsybyMari said...

Wonderful Pictures love the draft horse picture she looks so strong and regal.

Ed said...

WOW! Love the light in the run, and Abbby is stunning..:-)

Steffie said...

The first two are really great because of the light. Comes out great in black and white.

The Wife said...

LOVE the first shot! Great job!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Nice pictures. Fun blog. Glad I "found" you - a fellow carriage driver :-).

Shirley said...

I'm with Ed- the second barn shot ans Abbey are my faves; the last one too.

Shirley said...

Oops, I meant to say Bermuda!

WildBlack said...

Amazing shots! Great job. :D

Esther Garvi said...

Bermuda has such attitude!! Loved your world in black and white!

restoration42 said...

Love Abbe and love the barn . . . this B & W challenge is just delightful, as are your images.

allhorsestuff said...

Lori...wow I love the sunrays through that alley!!
and Abby being driven could be "lines" as well as what you choose...hope to see the cart behind her soon!
Kac

Andrea said...

Fantastic shots!! Well done!

flowerweaver said...

Love the photo of Bermuda! What a lovely cat face!

VioletSky said...

The light in the barn really shows up in B&W. And I like the last on of Abbe learning her lines.

Jessica said...

These photos are great! Who knew a sunrise could be so striking in black and white? I also really loved the photo of the run in.

Anonymous said...

As usual, great shots. The first two are amazing.

CTG Ponies said...

All beautiful but I like the first one the best.

Kelly said...

Great photos...I'm partial to the first. It's beautiful!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am really late getting around, but I am finally here! That first shot is awesome! I also really enjoyed the last photo..magnicifant horse!
You have such a pretty place, I always enjoy my visit here:)