Followers

Friday, May 15, 2009

SHORT AND SWEET (FOR A CHANGE)

It was a very green morning.  Started out cool and went up to about 70 later on.
The sky was very clear....  It took me a little longer to do chores today as I bleached out all the water buckets and moved the water trough.  Jenny had jury duty...wouldn't you know it would happen on her day off after a very long and busy week?  Anyway, Coop Da'Ville was dropped off by Kevin and we spent part of the day together.
He gave in to the couch after lunch and wanted to watch a little Disney.  Jenny arrived just in time for me to take a shower and get ready for the last Therapy Dog's gig.

All the kids made cards for the dogs and they each got a bag with some presents.
(These three photos were taken by Tina from Christina's World....DJ's Mom).

Today the Phoebster was very relaxed.

DJ was loving all his presents.



On the way home I passed a big Chicken/Ribs BBQ.  It smelled so good I turned around and picked up dinner.  We ate early and I went out to mow the lawn.  Around here, it is dandelion heaven.

The hostas and tulips are really coming on in this area.
Darrin had a lesson today on Winnie while I was gone.  I wonder if he tried to jump.

Big Bird is now surrounded by Iris and the tulips have disappeared.

Can you believe it?  I'm done for the night.

4 comments:

Deb said...

you are a busy lady...love the bird with the iris and tulips

Kenney's said...

Very funny. My first lesson in over a month, and I simply can't ride worth shooting, so no Jumps for Darrin/Dad. Walk Trot with dressage fundamentals is my speed. We did get some canter in though. Luckily Winnie takes care of her rider and Jolene/instructor is a paitent woman. Justine however, did six jumps and canter all over the arena. Both girl and horse were having fun and giddy. We thought Winnie was tired after two lessons, but then she proceeded to give us an almost 10 minute gallup demonstration on her own. Quiet cool off walk down the Skoog Lane and all became right with the world. Winnie doesn't care about GM, the economy, who's president or taxes, just that we are balanced and "where's the next puddle we can splash". Feels good. Now I need the hot tub, I hurt in places I didn't know I had places. :-)

Mary Olson said...

I am trying to catch up on all your posts. You are one busy lady! I don't know how you do it.

CoyoteFe said...

Thank God Dad posted, because you left us hanging with the jumping mystery! Liked that thought about what WInnie cares about. WE pay close attention to all that stuff because we believe the world's future hands in the balance. But, does it? Everything else seems to roll on with the belief that the sun will come up in the morning like nothing ever happened. And, a funny thing: It does.