Followers

Monday, May 11, 2009

MY KIND OF DAY...

We had a frost last night, but the sun was very bright and it heated up quickly to around 58.
Why do all the horses face the same direction when they eat grass in a herd?  30 yo PC is his usual just rolled filthy.
29 yo Pony has still not lost all her winter hair.
24 yo Berlin will have dapples on her fat little body by next week.
32 yo Joe still has on a winter "vest."
26 yo Target is almost there.
20 yo Winnie is working on a shine.
"Hi" everybody, I have not done a self portrait in ages.
The day lillies are growing like crazy and it is time to set up the Pergola for afternoon conversations.
We hang our clothes on the line during the warm months.  I just love the way it looks.
At 1pm we went down to the Senior Center for a meeting...our last.  The year proved to be quite an experience and was very frustrating at times due to some undermining factors, but was well worth it because of all the people we met.  A lot of good things happened in spite of some of the roadblocks thrown at us.  Our town has a beautiful facility that is loaded with very sweet people.  Today our new Town Supervisor attended the meeting and was very interested in working with us on many new and exciting possibilities....extremely supportative.  The next board should have smooth sailing.

Put the horses in around 9pm, just before dark.  Now I am waiting to hear from Sue at the Dream Valley Ranch...she is taking on a rescue pony and her foal tonight.  I will have to tell you the story behind it when I can post a couple of photos.

This beautiful hanging plant was given to me on Mother's Day by the Kenney family.  On the card they said that they did not have mothers to celebrate the day with and they adopted me.
I am honored.

Here is my macro shot of the day.
These last three photos were sent to me in the last couple of days.  Ethan and Justine with Phoebe and Gucci....
Justine and Winnie....
This is a photo of our exchange student from 1988....Sabine and her family (in Germany).  Here, they were on vacation in the Canary Islands.  We have kept in touch all these years and can't wait for another return visit.

That's it!

7 comments:

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

your black and white challenge pictures were so great! I love the one of the run in for the horses! And you cat looks just like my maine coon Bo! What kind of horse do you have thats in the fourth picture?? A Haflinger? They are all beautiful

Stephanie - Siouxzeegirl Designs said...

Your horses all look so happy and loved! What a great life they have and how sweet to be an adopted Mother. I love it!

allhorsestuff said...

Well now..that does so9und like a lovely day..woiw it got cool overnight...winter does not want to relinquish...but SHE MUST!!
Too funny on the directional grazing...they trust ovbiously..no one is gurading the rear!

Hay..got a question you may or may not have an answer for...my new PBO wants to do thinkgs right..but tends to be a biy out of order or late..she is jsut getting to weed killing and the grasses are so nice right now..we have cross fenced for it and now....her husband wants to put "Crossbow" on it all.
I am very much not wanting to poison my senitive mare..don't want her near it..but, what do you know of these things... timing and when can they go back on the fieled and such?
I think this SHOULD have been done early spring...before he grasses grew up lush!
I am going to go online...read if I can find.
Thanks Lori
Kac

Mary Olson said...

Another laundry on the line lover! You have a lot more line than I do - so jealous! That's great the way you've kept in touch with your exchange student. But with such a great place to stay and such good people, how could she not stay in touch? Take care.

allhorsestuff said...

Thanks for the speedy reply...well..there is blackberry vine and Tansy plus false Dandelion.
I may be out numbered...they will let me spot shot it though...think I will do that.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Fun blog!

Gayle said...

OOoo, I would love that hanging basket. How beautiful!