Followers

Monday, May 25, 2009

KEPT IT TO A MINIMUM TODAY....


Even tho it was not that hot this morning, the horses came in from the pasture to get away from the bugs.  They all ate hay under the shed roof.
From the inside looking out.
Gary actually drove down to Brockport this morning, hoping there would be a coffee shop open.
He hooked up with a friend and had a nice long chat at the local diner.  When he got home, he started weeding the strawberry patch.  He is still very sore, but thought it would be good physical therapy.  We have over 200 strawberry plants and they are looking very good.
This afternoon I put Abbe back to work at home.  She was very good about being harnessed and behaved herself in the indoor.  I hope to line drive her for a few days, and when I am comfortable and have help, I will hook her to the little red cart.  Started a photographic journal to keep track of what I am doing.
Tonight we had a chorus rehearsal in Brockport, where we will be performing on Friday night.
We were joined by a 40 member choir from a nearby town so we had over 80 voices.  I wish we could sing together all the time.  When we got home, the sky looked like this at 8:45.

5 comments:

Esther Garvi said...

Beautiful sky! Love the idea of a photo diary with Abbe. She looks great by the way! Can't wait too see her in front of that cart again!

Mary Olson said...

You have so many great things you're involved in!

Unknown said...

About eight to twelve of us sing in our choir as a rule, and a few extra voices make all the difference. I suppose that bit of extra volume gives us all extra confidence. Keep up the good work, regards, Mike.

Unknown said...

P.s. Glad to hear Gary's still making progress. A thing like that shakes you up, and recovery can't be hurried.Tell him to take it easy for another week or so.
Warm regards, Mike and Ann.
P.p.s. Reading that over, I do remember that the last time I was in that position, at one stage I made a bargain with myself that the next person who told me to "take it easy" was in for a nasty surprise !!!!!!!!!

Gayle said...

That's a lot of strawberry plants! I'm going to pick up a few to plant in the bed by the side of the house I made last year, but never used. Hopefully, it will get enough sun. You must have fresh strawberries every night!