Followers

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

ETCETERA, ETCETERA, ETCETERA......

I have to combine yesterday with today as I didn't have the energy to post more after the Las Vegas saturation.  After only being gone for 5 days, I could not believe how all the gardens grew.  Flowers EVERYWHERE (not that I am complaining).


It's starting to look like we are in the land of Jack and the Beanstalk!
Big Bird is surrounded....

I finally got out to the barn and was very happy to do the chores.  Funny how you can miss doing work...
We have a lot of bamboo on our property.  It reaches a height of 6 to 8 feet. 
These "whatever you call 'ums" grow like weeds and they are in the shade.


Seeing that we had an empty frig, I had to go to Wegman's yesterday.  When the store was built they were required to do extensive landscaping.  Currently, there about 50 trees blooming like this.

Yesterday was also class day.  Here is yet another drawing by Sandy.  It was done with pastels and the subject is "Sunny" from Christina's World.  Looks just like him!

After evening chores I grabbed a shower and went down to Alberta's to play duplicate bridge.  At 10:45 I took these next few shots out in the dark.


MOVING ON TO TODAY....
Beautiful, sunny morning....everything looked rich and green.

This is the porch off the kitchen where there is a fenced in back yard for Gucci and the Phoebster.
and this is where the hot tub used to be....now I want to get a decent grill.
Love mornings like this.  It feels like I'm in a mellow bubble.

The grass is not long, but it has really come in and the horses are loving it.  Time to cut back on hay, as they are leaving most of it.

Right after chorus practice I drove over to Apple Creek Farm to mow the lawn.  The 50 or more acres of apple trees are almost in full bloom.

As for the rest of these photos...it was just one of those days.  First I started shooting at the Senior Center and then I went up to Lowes to look at grills and went nuts in their garden center.  Oh well...tis the season.  I don't think I could ever make myself post just one picture!
















3 comments:

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

came to your site from Skywatch.
Congrats on your photo.

It seems like living in Utopia with your little farm with horses and reading dogs and millions of flowers.

Ed said...

Man, thats alot of pics and alot of color!!! I can't pick my favorite, big bird perhaps...
Hava great day..Ed

Unknown said...

Your gardens are looking glorious. It's a lovely time of year, this. No wonder you're feeling in a 'mellow bubble' -love that phrase.
Regards to you both - Mike and Ann.