Followers

Monday, May 18, 2009

DOWN ON THE FARM....

Another cool morning.  Fortunately we did not have a frost.

Temperature stayed in the 50s and the horses (and I) loved it.  Good working weather....

The chores went quickly for some reason.  I did not go out to watch Abbe today, although Andrea said she was "perfect" when she was officially hooked to the Red Cart.  First she drove her from the outside of it, then got in.  No nonsense, no missteps, very accepting....could I ask for more?  Tomorrow I will go out to help and learn...big on the learn part.  By the end of the week I should be bringing her home.  Today I officially took ownership of the cart...Gar said he would help me refinish it when I get it back home.

Check out the garlic.  It is getting so tall.....


So, this was a horse picture taking day.  Morning and night.




Then there's this little dog.  She is a very serious hunter!

After evening chores, all the horses wanted to do was hangout in the sun.  Mellow...mellow.




These old ponies are loving life.  Pony and Joe still have some hair to unload, but the rest are almost shed out.  I think I am going to leave it at that.  Have to kick back tonight and watch the finals of "Dancing With the Stars."  Can't help it...it's very entertaining and I love to dance.

3 comments:

Mary Olson said...

I tried to grow garlic one year, but it didn't take. I think I might have over watered it.

In your earlier post, I see that you have a beautiful place to ride through the woods. It's so great to be able to get out and ride again!

Grey Horse Matters said...

I love this time of year and cool temps. The horses look so content at your place. The garlic is coming along nicely too. I'm sure you and Abbe will have fun learning together. Redoing the cart seems like a fun project.

Unknown said...

Hi Lori and Gary. Your top picture looks exactly like part of Nea's garden in Sweden.
Warm regards, Mike and Ann.