Followers

Sunday, May 17, 2009

COOL IT!

 
This morning it was bright, very windy and in the 30s.  I think our high was 48 or so.
All the gardens are full of violet, pink and magenta flowers.



I went down to Wegman's to buy groceries and when I got home Gary, Randy and I had lunch.
A little after 2 Justine came up and we went for a trail ride.  There is a lane that goes back a mile and we have two different woods we can ride through.  I have only mown the lane once and that was quite awhile ago...have to do it again.  It is green as far as you can see.

We were surrounded by over 100 acres of wheat.
Winnie was perfect.  On the way out I could ride Berlin on the buckle, but as soon as we got away from the protection of the trees the heavy winds bugged her.  The ride home was very jiggy.

We took a little side trip through a neighbors woods.  The light was gorgeous in there.


When we got back, Justine took Winnie into the tack room and I rode Berlin for a few more minutes so I could get her out of her Alpha mode.
When we were finished, I tied up her reins and let her hang out in the indoor so I could close all the gates.
This is my dream saddle...an Albion SL.  It's like riding in butter.
Darrin saw the cavalletti being made over at "Equine Mine"  and went to work designing his own.  This is a smaller version of what he is working on.
                                             
...and this is Berlin...very happy to get back out with her friends...

2 comments:

Ed said...

Great post, looks like a great way to spend a Sunday..:-)

Frank said...

With the cold temps I'm surprised at all the Spring flowers and green grass. I guess Mother Nature has her own schedule for when new growth begins, temps in the 30s or warmer. It's in the 80s here, and finally, FINALLY we're getting much needed rain.