Followers

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

COME ON RAIN!!!!

I keep getting up early, but don't go out to the barn before 7.  Finished chores quickly and went into the house to look up some information on my computer regarding harness parts.  

At 10:30 my class arrived....here is what they are working on....



Sandy is getting close to finishing a pencil drawing of her friend's horse...
Sue is still working on her pointilism drawing.  You can really start to see it now.
Tina has started adding color to her drawing of Buster, with pastel pencils.
And Connie is working on a pencil drawing of a barn.

I could not ask for better students.  Our class is always comfortable with lots of conversation.
Several of us are horse people and today Connie (the only non horse person) got an earful.
When I walked out to the kitchen, I saw this beautiful plant sitting on the table.
Our good friend Tina (also my student) brought this Hibiscus as a gift for Gary.  She and her husband Roger are such thoughtful people.  

By the way, Gary is doing better each day.  I think it will take longer to heal emotionally than physically.  He continues to get visitors and phone calls.  Today his friend Tony picked him up and took him out to lunch in Rochester....very nice!


Meanwhile back at the computer, I went online looking for harness parts and found this on eBay.  An entire harness for less than the price of the two parts I needed to buy.  I took the plunge and it was my first experience.  Did not seem too difficult at all.  Let's see what it really looks like when it gets here.  I'm very impressed with the way it looks in the photograph and for $135 I think it was a steal.
This morning my PT Cruiser went in for new tie rods... At 2pm Gary dropped me off to get a haircut and then over to pick it up.  On the way home I went to Wegmans, Tractor Supply and Spurr's Car Dealership.  I wanted to price trucks in order to know what we are talking about with the Insurance Company.  The Sierra below is a possibility.  Trucks get such lousy mileage, Gary just might change his mind.

About the rain....it sprinkled, but we didn't get enough to sneeze at.  We really need it.

I went out a little late to do chores as Gary had more visitors.  It was very grey and chilly.  


When I got in, he had started a fire and it felt so good.  Simple dinner tonight...I picked up a 
roasted chicken at Wegmans (cheating) and made a big salad with mixed greens, apples, pears, strawberries, kiwi and onion...topped with crumbly blue and wine blush dressing.  I should have taken a picture.  Now, I am going to go out and put the ponies in for the night.

Later.

6 comments:

Mary Olson said...

Glad to hear Gary's getting better. I hear ya on the rain. We need to really bad here too and all it's doing right now is some crazy misting thing. I wish I lived close enough to take a drawing class. I love the sketch of the horse. And the salad sounds yummy!

Mary Ellen said...

I'm having a hard time concentrating, listening to Stormy Weather...love Etta James!

We're having stormy weather (heavy rains) up here - how did you miss it?

Glad Gary's feeling better. Your students are very talented. Great pictures, as always!

Esther Garvi said...

I love your students work - and I adore your work, Lori! (In case I never told you! :-) )

Warm greetings from Africa!
Esther

Gayle said...

Trucks aren't very fuel efficient, but when you need a truck (for hauling, etc.) nothing else will do. Sure looks like it tried to rain. I love the pencil drawings...wish I was an artist like your students are.

Nea said...

Yep, it's raining here too. I'll send you some :)

I love the art work your class produces too.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Hope the harness turns out as nice as it looks. A steal if it does. I've been watching for a decent set of used pair harness, so keep your ears/eyes open :-). Saddlebred size, so bigger than "Morgan" and smaller than "warmblood" - ugh - hard to find.