Followers

Saturday, May 30, 2009

AVOIDANCE....


The sun was extremely bright this morning when I went out to the barn.  After chores I did a few things around the house and at 11:15 we took back the rental car and picked up Gary's Forrester.  Quite a different vehicle after having a truck for so many years.  We went out to lunch and back to the farm.
The grass had a chance to dry out so I decided to go down to Apple Creek Farm to mow the lawn.  YUCK!  It was so long from all the rain I had to go over most of it twice....that's a LOT of mowing.  Gucci and Phoebe went with me and waited in the car with a couple of walks in between.
Louise had many things blooming in her gardens.

The peonies were gorgeous.
I don't know what this is, but I love it.

On my way home I drove past Margay's house.  There is a tree full of blossoms out by the street.

Her house is spectacular inside and out.  Someday I will have to photograph her kitchen for all you cooks out there....it's the dream variety.


When I got home, we had a visitor.  Fritch has been a friend for almost 40 years, and she is a newly retired potter.  Checking on Gary.....
The morning was in the low 60s, but the temp went up in the late afternoon.  Very mellow horses.

Here is where the avoidance comes in....all week I have been trying to line drive Abbe. Everyday I have been booked...babysitting, chorus practice, insurance company calls, looking for a car for Gary, blah blah blah.  One excuse after another.  It's a good thing Andrea does not look at this Journal, as she would not be happy with me.  Tomorrow I promise that I will get into a groove and will post pictures to prove it.  Gary's accident has had quite an impact on our daily lives. 

So that's it for now.  More tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Priorities. I think you've got them right. Regards, Mike and Ann.

elm said...

Forrester is a good choice. You can haul a lot, it is sturdy, fun to drive. I am on my second.

I love your blog. Thanks.

Reed Road neighbor.