Followers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

AND WHAT DID YOU DO FOR MOTHER'S DAY?


This is going to be short and sweet.  I am so tired I can't keep my eyes open!  When I went out to the barn this morning it was grey and in the high 40s.
The horses kept their heads down all day long.
As soon as I got in the house, I started on tonights dinner as there were going to be 11 of us. The menu?  Shish ke bobs (chicken, green peppers, onions and pineapple soaked all day in a marinade.), homemade lomain, a gigantic layered salad (made by Arlene), crusty rolls (brought by Louise) and two rhubarb pies (made by Jenny).  I set the table and cut some flowers. 
Louise and Jack brought champagne.
We ate dinner at 6:30.  Gary did a beautiful job grilling the Shish ke bobs...yum!
This rhubarb was cut from our garden this morning.
And this is one of the pies Jenny brought tonight.
Jenny, Kevin and the kids were ready to go home by 8:00 and everyone else left by 8:45.
This is my macro shot for the day.  No appetizers, just put out strawberries.  I can't wait until our own are ready.
The horses got tucked in early and now I am ready to hit the hay....want to watch "Brothers and Sisters."  Later.....

To Sue in Colorado...Have a happy day tomorrow with your new flowers!

5 comments:

CoyoteFe said...

happy Mother's Day!

Esther Garvi said...

Rhubarb and strawberries - two things I will make sure to enjoy when I go to Sweden!

Gayle said...

Looks like everyone is enjoying some fine conversation. Hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day.

Loran said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day yesterday! THanks for stopping by my blog and checking it out.

Unknown said...

I don't know why, the mother's day is at the end of this month here.
I think yesterday was also the mothers'day in Switzerland. If anyone know the reason of this difference of date...
See you soon.
Phyto