Followers

Thursday, May 7, 2009

ABBE IN TRAINING....


These 9 photos were sent to me by Tina.  In this kind of light, her camera definately does a much better job.










From here down, they were taken with my camera.
Abbe has been out at Glen Darach Farm for over 2 1/2 weeks and this is the first day I could go to observe the progress she has made.
Andrea brought her into the barn, making sure that she minded her manners and remained straight.  Then she was tied up and groomed ...remaining quiet (no moving around).

Abbe had on boots, a surcingle and her driving bridle with blinders.  My long lines are so soft, I really like them.

When she was ready to go, Andrea led her over to the indoor.  By the way....Tina from Christina's world went with me a took her great camera.  If I am lucky, she got some good shots of the afternoon activities.

Part of the training is just being able to stand quietly.  She did very well.
Abbe (Glen Aberlour) was born at Glen Darach Farm and was backed by Andrea several years ago.  As you can see, they have a great relationship.
All done.  I actually had an opportunity to line drive her, and was very self conscious.  Andrea is a Master and I am Miss Back Yard.  Ya know how you can try too hard and you are not relaxed enough?  That would have been me.
Abbe got another grooming and was put back out in her little paddock.
When Tina and I left, she put her head through the fence and wanted to go home (right?).  I was very encouraged and next week will have to figure out what to do about a cart.  May get an Easy Entry to get going and see how that works out.


ABBE AND ANDREA AT GLEN DARACH FARM
So here she is...I am very happy that she is accepting the blinders.  Last year she was not that hot for them.

1 comment:

Kenney's said...

I'm relieved to know even you get "self conscious", fore at our lessons, you are the master and we are.... well idiots. We are all students including the master.