Followers

Thursday, April 30, 2009

TIME DIFFERENCE...

The post below was really made on Wednesday night, but the computer did not know I was in Las Vegas (Lost Wages). Right now it is 5:41 here, but my screen says 8:41. No pictures again, but I took so many in 4 hours today my card is full and I have to go get another one. This morning I woke up at 6 and so did everyone else. By 9 we were off to Silverton to visit the Bass Pro Shop...wanted to get some black Crocks. I am going to have so many pictures to show you... can't wait. Then we went down to the Strip and visited a place called the Venetian. It was unlike anything I have ever seen! I would imagine it took up five acres (that's as big as our farm) and has a little canal winding through it. There are many gondolas that you can ride in for a price, and they actually sing to the passengers (O Solo Mio style). There were an outrageous number of upscale shops thoughout with a big square in the middle. I really wish I could upload my photos. Above all of this was a painted ceiling...bright blue with fluffy clouds. Ironically, a pigeon got into the building and was flying around. Wait until you see all the desserts I photographed. After spending time in "Italia" we drove down the Strip to a place called "Paris." You guessed it....we went to lunch in a French restaurant. What a meal (and I forgot to show it to you). Right now, Steph is at work, Daniela went from dance (hip hop) to soccer practice, Ariana just left with her friend from across the street to go to her soccer practice. Earlier, Steph made the best homemade pizza I have ever eaten....for our dinner tonight. Very thin crust. One with just cheese, one with hot Italian sausage and cheese, one with red and yellow peppers, and one with pineapple and ham. This girl can cook! She always could....and when she lived in New York
...learned even more at a Manhatten restaurant called " Rusty Staub's" (an x pro baseball player). She started out waitressing and ended up managing. What a great experience. Not only that, they had one of the top 10 wine lists in NYC and she really got an education. It's not too often that I just write...

Meanwhile back at the Ranch, Gary and Jenny say that everything is under control. All you animal people out there know how hard it is to leave your dogs and ponies in someone elses charge. By the way, it is about 85 and very sunny...in fact, if I don't get some new sunglasses tomorrow, I am going to damage my eyes. I guess that is all she wrote.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lori,
Sounds like a great time!
Didn't think I was going to be able to check in and read about your adventure. Can't wait to see the pictures!
Tina