Followers

Sunday, April 12, 2009

THE TAIL END OF EASTER SUNDAY....

A little after 6:30am....another beautiful sunrise.

...and another day with strong winds bringing the temperature below freezing!!!!  again!!!!!



I fed the horses out in the pasture where it was sunny, but they could not escape the blowing.

I got everything ready for evening chores, as I had to get Abbe out to Glen Darach Farm before 5.  Got her trunk packed, hooked up the trailer and loaded it.

At this time, she did not know she was leaving.  
Fortunately, she was born at Glen Darach Farm and Andrea knows her well.  I have total trust in her stable management and training skills...and once and for all will find out if this sweet horse will make it in the driving world.


When we got there, I put her in a stall and she did not make a peep.  Instead, she went for the hay and seemed pretty happy.  Separation is hard for me...


Got home in time to do evening chores, make a salad and take a shower.  We were invited out to the McLane-Sundquist Homestead for dinner.

Arlene retired a couple of weeks ago and is really enjoying it.  The table was decorated for the Holiday and she really outdid herself with the dinner.
Sweet Randy gave her a beautiful Lilly for Easter.

The light in the dining room was just right for taking photos.  I've given you a tour of this house not to long ago...full of antiques.









































So here is what we had for dinner...and it was outstanding.  I forgot to photograph the potato salad, pickled beets and sweet Easter bread, but the rest is here. It was a Ukranian/American Feast.































Whenever we have dinner together, we end it with a game of Sequence.  Arlene and me versus Gary and Randy.  We have been doing this for years!  Tonight the men won 3 out of 5 games...
our losing streak has to end one of these days.




Got home around 10:15, so the late post.  Time to hit the couch.  Goodnight Abbe.

4 comments:

Gayle said...

I suppose Abbe leaving is like a child leaving. I hope it all goes well and you aren't too sad.

restoration42 said...

Love the sequence photos - I play this game all the time with kids because it is a fun way to learn "if, then" thinking. Sorry you have to be separated from one of your herd, sounds like she is going to be in safe, competent hands. Glad you enjoyed such a beautiful Easter.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Looks like you had a great Easter.It sure was cold and blowing here too. Cute pictures of the horses.

Esther Garvi said...

I didn't know Abbe was not for keeps! Or will she be coming back to you soon? I hate goodbyes too, but fortunately for me, they're mostly temporarily - except for the forever goodbyes, and those are hard enough.

Sending a big hug from Africa!