Followers

Monday, April 13, 2009

MONDAY...MONDAY

Bright!  No wind (at first)....good solar energy....  When I let the horses out, it was so nice in the sun I took their sheets off.
These are some of my barn "tools."  I always use a good fork, rake, wheelbarrow or 3, and a broom for sweeping the aisle when everything is done.  The drill is exactly the same every day.
Even tho our barn is over 100 years old, and not fancy, the stalls are well bedded and cleaned everyday.   Before I leave the barn, the hay is set up for the evening chores.  Luckily for me, Gary does the water so I don't have to ruin my shoulders carrying a lot of weight.  Bad enough...all the pounds moved in the wheelbarrows (if I measured it by the week it would be staggering).  We have never owned a tractor, so everything is done the hard way.  The good news is....I got an A+ on my bone density test...resistence exercises 365 days a year.  I'm sure most of you horse people have been there and done that.


There is still not much grass....but the horses are nibbling away most of the day.

They get hay year round, but much less when there is grass.
Gucci is now a real farm dog.  Miss Phoebe stays inside if it's chilly, but she will go out to the barn with me no matter what.


There are now many blossoms in several of the gardens.
Tonight Gary and I met at 58 Main for a Pork BBQ dinner with homemade chips and coleslaw.
On the way home I took these shots of our local art deco movie theater while I was waiting for the light to change.  

Now, I am going to get ready for my class that meets tomorrow.  Later......

2 comments:

Gayle said...

I love your barn! And Gucci was a great choice in a dog so when Phoebe is being a lady, we know you'll always have company doing the dirty work. Although some might not be interested, I'm curious as to your routine (the same everyday) out in the barn. I'm so not a "schedule" person which does make raising animals and gardening more difficult. I'm sure the horses appreciate your consistency. Glad you had some sun today. We were a bit grey.

Victoria Cummings said...

I love old barns like yours. I think they have good vibes. How is Abbe doing? I'll bet you miss her. That movie theatre is very cool. I'm so glad that some of the "real" movie houses are still standing.