Followers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

APRIL FOOLS....


Hey!  What are you doing?

Soaking alfalfa cubes for evening chores!!!!  It's the last thing we have to do.


Not five minutes after I put the hay in the pasture, it started to rain.  Ran into the house for a shower and was off to chorus.  As usual, the ladies were line dancing.


Chorus was pretty intense today.  We got through a lot of new music.


When I got home, Phoebe and Gucci were doing their usual.  It was absolutely pouring outside and just when I was getting ready to go out and put the horses in, it stopped.





Gary stopped and picked up Ice today, as Jenny and the boys were coming up for dinner....homemade pizza.  When we finished, it was time for some outside activity.  Finally the sun came out.

Finn was very happy to push Coop on the swing in the back yard.



Then we all (with the three dogs) went for a walk down the lane.

As you can see, the garlic has really started to grow.  Tomorrow will be sunny and in the 60s and it wouldn't surprise me to see it go up an inch or two.

If the sky looked like this during the afternoon, I would not have given in to a nap.


These photographs look like paintings.  Taking pictures definately gets you to pay more attention to light.




Todays rain was the turning point....things have now started to grow.


We got back from our walk around 7:30, Grampa went to a meeting and the kids were already hungry.  Vanilla yougert with bananas and granola.  Sounds good to me.
Couch time....

4 comments:

allhorsestuff said...

Hi there Lori! What a fab day today(for you) we had your yesterdays looks around here...but I was inside at work and my mare was eating grass with Romeo!

I love the teasel shots...love that stuff.

I saw a drill team, of all things, once ride in only a neck rope(string really) and it was amamzing. Some others has a "Tack band" alittle more control. I may try it an arena sometime...but I think will try a bit more riding bare backed..it was fun.
She did well.
Have a lovley evening there~
Kac

CoyoteFe said...

My pals at work are akready asking about that state of your garlic.:-)

Gayle said...

Wow, look at the garlic and grass grow. I can almost smell it! We had snow flurries today, but it was +20. Got a bit windy this evening. Anything +20 and up is okay with me! :)

Anonymous said...

Either you are developing quite a skill with that camera or you are blessed by a shocking amount of good light there are Skoog Farm. I'm thinking the former. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.