Followers

Sunday, March 15, 2009

GETTING MOTIVATED!


Hello people!  I'm watching you..........
When I took Abbe to her lesson yesterday, I put on a beautiful clean and light blanket.  It gave me the opportunity to wash her Rambo sheet (which was a filthy mess).  I hung it out on the back porch to dry.  Now, she has rolled in some serious mud with the clean one and I refuse to wash it.  Can't wait to have no blankets on these animals.  It went up to 55 today and they are bare naked tonight.  Tomorrow it will be the same or warmer.

Once again it was a dramatic morning.



This is what makes me want to go outside....

How about that Colorado sky???



My version of the range....





After chores I worked outside for a couple more hours taking down a huge area of bamboo. One more section to go tomorrow.  The pile is huge, and I just may ask my students to create some sculptures by combining it with twine left over from the hay bales.

Made a huge pot of corned beef and cabbage for dinner.  Jack and Louise came over and brought a loaf of homemade soda bread.  A pre St. Patrick's Day meal.  By 9pm I could not keep my lids open....must be all that fresh air.  I feel like I just pulled an all nighter and am about to call it a day.

Many thanks to all of you who commented on my Sunday Still.  Next time I will do more photographs.

6 comments:

Diary From Africa said...

Thanks for sharing some more beautiful photos with us - the sky is just beautiful. I love your new header photo too.

Gayle said...

The horses look great and the sunshine so inviting. Fresh air always wipes me out, but I stayed in today. It's -15 and so windy out. Just awful weather.

Grey Horse Matters said...

The sky pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Your horses look so happy too.

Unknown said...

Been a lovely, mild sunny day here too (U.K.) I really think spring's here.
Cheers, Mike and Ann.

Unknown said...

P.S. I keep meaning to say: I love the music that accompanies your blog. Thanks, Mike.

Nea said...

Hi Lori,
Next time you talk to Ariana, could you please let her know that there should be some e-mail coming her way soon. Strawberry isn't very fast at returning mail, so to make things a bit more interesting I got 2 of my classes to write letters, I'll be sending them on within the next couple of days.