Followers

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

COMMITMENTS.....


I have lost count on the number of beautiful sunrises we have had during the past year.
Today the temperature is supposed to be in the 50s.
Actually, at one time during the day we made 60 degrees.
Unfortunately, after chores (my first commitment of the day) , the wind was so strong it felt very cold to me.  So, the sheets stayed on.

Gary and I drove down to our regular chorus rehearsal (2nd commitment of the day) and passed a car lot with 100 balloons flying in the air.  They achieved their goal...it got our attention.


When we were finished, I drove home to check on the animals.  Still too cold to take the sheets off because of the wind, but the dogs had a chance to run around.

At 1pm I got in the car and drove to a place called Westside Manor, where the chorus was performing (3rd commitment).  Whenever I drive on the expressway, I pass this beautiful pond that generally has ducks or herons in it. 


We usually don't perform this early in the season, as we are not quite ready.  All things considered, it came off pretty well.  This is part of a Barbershop Group.


Finally, when we got home around 3:15, the wind died down and it hit 60.  Off came the sheets.


My outdoor arena was screaming to be dragged, so I went over it two times to perk up the sand.  The sky was beautiful.


Mademoiselle Gucci and Miss Phoebe go out with me a lot more now.  Gucci kept following me around while I dragged the ring and got PLENTY of exercise.

At 6pm I had another commitment.  A meeting at the library.  This Saturday there will be a fundraiser that I have been working on....AFTER HOURS@THE LIBRARY.  On the way home I got a footlong sub for dinner (at 8pm).  How's that for not cooking?  


Now, I am going to read what you all posted today and will hit the couch.  Goodnight John Boy.

5 comments:

photogchic said...

Always such beautiful pics. Felt like I was along for the ride today. I was thinking you bought a car when I saw the balloons:-)

CoyoteFe said...

Love that Phoebe has a sister. Need more Bermuda pics (in case you take requests), and there have been 365 beautiful sunsets in the past year, whether we could see them or not! Just trying to help you out - HA!

allhorsestuff said...

You do have some of the most faithful and beautiful sunsets I have ever seen...hoiw could one not love them with the horse weathervane in front???!!!
Those two pooches are made to love one another..they are so photogenic Lori.

Goodnight Billy bob

Gayle said...

You probably have mentioned it before, but what do you drag the ring with? Soon everything will be green...the horse look great and the pups are having fun as always.

Anonymous said...

Your sky is amazing (imagine spending the day under such a beautiful canvas!) and as always enjoyed to follow you around! You have quite a crowd just tagging along, you know! The Mademoiselles are looking great!