Followers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

MORNING LIGHT AND THE SKOOG FARM WORKSHOP....

The first thing I do in the morning is let Phoebe out in the back yard.  Today the shadows were so soft and springlike....



It took me awhile to finish chores and I finally got in at 10:30.  This presentation I have been working on has been hanging over my head and I keep working on bits and pieces each day.  I will be glad when it is over.  Gary went down to the school today to pick up a projector for me so I could show some visuals on a screen.  There was not a laptop computer available, so I had to borrow Jenny's.  Tomorrow I will have to figure out how to use this stuff...I am a Mac person who is not a techie....will need to get my act together on a PC.  Nothin's easy.

Today I had my class and would like to welcome a new student.  Her name is Sue Z., and below is some of her work.  Unfortunately, all the photos are not real clear,but her work is great. The bird is her first watercolor and she has had some experience in drawing....  For years she has been a quilt maker.  The bottom photo is one of her quilts (I sorry it is not a better shot, as it is quite spectacular).  She has 11 horses at her (Dairy) Farm and is into driving.  Soon you will see drawings and paintings of them.






2 comments:

Kenney's said...

Let me know if you need assistance with Laptop and projector. I have both, and like you doing bi-weekly Board of Ed presentations I know how long putting together a good presentation can take. I'm finishing one today that I have 6 days on it and of course on my time not work time. I'm starting to hate work e-mail. Average of 186 msgs a day is crazy, and now it's even tied to my cell phone. You know it's bad when someone asks why they couldn't get you for 4 minutes and you tell them you were in the bathroom and they look at you with 100% seriousness and say, "well don't you have text messaging?" A sign of the times.

Let me know if need help this weekend. Riding Winnie again Sunday for first in long time got me psyched again. Want more, have a lesson scheduled for Friday. Look out Win, time for an old geezer ride, slow and smooth girl.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Those pictures do look spring-like. Good luck with your pc work, I can't use a Mac, so I guess it's what you're used to. Nice art work from your student.