Followers

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

AND THE WEATHER FOR TODAY IS....



When I let Phoebe out this morning, the sky told me it was not going to be an ordinary day.

According to the weather reports we were supposed to have snow, sleet, rain and then back to freezing temperatures.

Fortunately during chores and through most of the afternoon things were quiet.
When I was in the feed room, Abbe (the curious one) was trying to read my notes on feeding and chore duties.
She was on a real mission to get some extra attention.
Joe thought there was something in it for him too....

Gar and I cleaned the house as our friends, the Lyons, were going to arrive in the afternoon for an overnight.  They are on their way to Boston.
Late afternoon we started getting the snow part....gigantic flakes.
Gary and Mike went down to the Book Store to pick up the Buffalo News, and when they got back we worked on some pre dinner goodies.
Of course it was not too hard to eat too much before dinner.
Mike, Barb and Gary have been friends since kindergarten and have kept in touch for all these years.  It was so good to have them here at the farm.

For tonight's dinner, we had mixed greens with mango, strawberries and blueberries with onions, crumbly blue and wine blush dressing.
The main course was Beef Stroganoff served over big, fat noodles.  Yum.

Jenny and Kevin stopped up with the boys so they could see the Lyons.  I also had a lesson on how to hook up the laptop to the projector so I could successfully show some pictures.  Again, I will be glad when this is over.

As for the SAGA OF MARCEL, today he was neutered and tested negative for heartworm.  They are really trying to make this a no brainer for me.  If I got him, I thought I would have to do all that.  This evening he is doing well.

2 comments:

Kenney's said...

Now if only you could get Abby to do the chores for you and not just read them you'd be all set. Perhaps Abby can advise Justine on how to do them properly?

Grey Horse Matters said...

Same here with the weather yesterday, it all cleared up today though. Dinner looks yummy.