Followers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

THE WARMEST DAY IN AGES...

It was not that warm when I went out this morning, but by the time I finished chores the sun was bright and it felt great for a change.  It went up to a roasting 25 degrees.  By tomorrow night we should have a foot of snow and on Sunday it's supposed to go up to 42.  Go figure.



The clouds, looking to the North, were light and airy...no snow today.

This weather offers such a great break to the ponies.  I hope Victoria is getting the same.

Munch....




Serene...I would say.


Tuesday means Skoog Farm Workshop time.  Phoebe and I drove into Greece to buy some fabric, and I barely made it back in time to turn some heat on for my class.  Sue Z. stopped by to observe and we had a full house.  Everyone was chatting like crazy.  Nice to have Marcia back.
This is a Mandala by Sandy.  She used a Dressage Test as her theme.

This is a self portrait of Sandy when she was a child.

Tina is working on a box ...it will hold DJ things.  Phoebe has joined him on the "Spring" side.


In order to loosen everyone up, I asked them to do a watercolor of a bird (from a photo) without drawing first.  Kendra got it just right!

Sandy is interested in working with pastels and has started with these two horses.


Rudy continues to work toward a looser style...he does not want to over paint.


Phoebe figured I was going somewhere tonight and settled in on Gary's favorite chair.

  My friend Alicia called this afternoon and invited me to dinner.
Of course I accepted and was happy to have the opportunity to spend some time with her mom, "The Diva."  She is one of my art students (at age 91).  What an energizer bunny.  As you can see, I forgot to photograph the main course.  Too busy eating.  Yum.


1 comment:

CoyoteFe said...

Ummm - the sky is beautiful, the workshop is fascinating, but it is DECIDELY NOT nearly warm enough. Dreaming of May ...