Followers

Saturday, January 24, 2009

MY DAY....

7:41 - I went out to do chores and it was FREEZING!  Last night when I put the horses in it was nice and mild.  Jenny came up at 7:30 to help and was in the barn before me.

9:00 - While I was finishing up the stalls, Abbe snuck in and tried to find some leftovers in Target's stall.

9:42 - Heading back to the house.  The sky was amazing.



The ponies were very happy to have the sun (since the temperature was in single digits).

9:51 - Back in the house .... started on the upstairs, moving a few things around, making beds
and getting organized.



2:57 - During the afternoon, I did some bookwork and had to go mail a bunch of stuff, so Phoebe and I went out to do some errands.  First I stopped at Tractor Supply to pick up some Alfalfa Cubes for my Oldies, then we headed down to the Village...the mailbox is near the Erie Canal, which is empty for the winter.  Stopped by the Welcome Center to take a photo.


4:00 - Headed up to another store to buy a digital clock for our bedroom, with numbers big enough to read in the dark!!! 

4:10 - On the way home I had to pull over and get more sky photos!



4:12 - Phoebe was ready to get out of the car.... almost there....

4:13 - Ta daaaaa!  And now look at the sky.  Most of the clouds are gone and the sun was very bright.


4:45 - When the light comes in the west windows like this, I know it is time to go out to the barn.


...it is such a mellow feeling...

I have an old pair of chaps and a bosal hanging on the door to the porch....


5:46 - Have almost everything done in the barn, and picked the paddock.  This is Winnie eating her grain.

5:50 - Ready to go back to the house.


5:52 - After I dumped the wheel barrow, closed the doors and covered the water trough, this was my view heading in....

It is now 7:30.  I picked up four movies at Family Video and intend to make a big salad with some leftover Chicken Helen on it, put on my jams....and spend the night watching them.  It sure is quiet around here with Ariana and Daniela back in Nevada!

1 comment:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Sounds pretty much like our days and the weather was about the same too. Beautiful pictures of the sky. Love the horse that snuck back in.