Followers

Thursday, January 1, 2009

A BRIGHT AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It was barely 7 degrees this morning.  By 9:30 I had to go into the house to get a warmer pair of gloves so my hands wouldn't freeze.

We had about 1 1/2 inches of featherlite snow, so doing the driveway was a piece of cake.

I was very grateful to have the sun come out....

If we are lucky, we will make it to the 20s today.

My first self portrait for 2009....

This is what I call a blue sky.....

And here is my girl, Berlin....


In case you have forgotten...

Our roofs are full of drifts....

and the pine branches are low with the weight of the snow.

When it is bright like this, the shadows are beautiful....



I hope all of you are having an equally bright day...

4 comments:

allhorsestuff said...

I love your self portrait there woman!
I am always waving to my bloggerville freinds, from the saddle, in the "shadow"!

Wow...you will be having what we did for weather...but for at least 1 more mo huh! Your seven horses poo is what I picked in one day...wow..you do that every day!! You're amazing!

I appreciate you, thanks for being friendly and sincere~with your
sweet comment...Gush is a very good way of describing my overly emotional response to loss...of anything, as you mentioned as well!
XO
KK

Victoria Cummings said...

Happy New Year, Lori- all the best in 2009!

CoyoteFe said...

Your photos are just getting better and better Ms Artist!

Gayle said...

I wish our snow was so inviting. It is so bitterly cold right now. It's even down to -30 at my home in the hills where we rarely go past -20. It is -40 to -50 in town. We run from here to there trying not to breathe too hard! I'm bummed the boys weren't able to snowboard over break. They've spent Christmas vacation locked in the house! :( You photos are just beautiful. I can almost "smell" your snow!