Followers

Monday, December 15, 2008

HOW ABOUT 56 DEGREES?

This is going to be a crazy day.  The temperature is going to drop 15 or 20 degrees by this afternoon.
Grey and then rain started.....
The yucca plant must not know what season it is!  
It looks pretty sad out in the gardens.
It was 55 degrees at 7:45 am!
The lawn looks like a carpet....
We have one tree by the house that does not want to give up it's leaves.   I don't get it...


I had to go to the Countryside Feed store to pick up Phoebe's dog food and passed some historic houses in Clarkson.  Most of them are on Route 19...about 5 miles north of our farm. Unfortunately, there were spots on my windows!  But the houses are beautiful.








I went down to the Village to run some errands.  Here are a few shots from Arjuna, the florist shop.



After a rainy afternoon, the sun peeked out on my way home.



Our friends, Carol and Ted, sent us these two photos today.  Many years ago they sold their home and bought a big RV (which they have been living in) and right now they are in Florida. Their 17 year old cat has been with them the whole time.  I don't think there is anywhere they have not been...they are living the life of nomads and love every minute!


2 comments:

Gayle said...

After all my complaining, I think I've decided that my weather isn't so bad. It gets cold, it snows, and then it goes away in the Spring. You go back and forth between "winter" and "spring" what seems daily. It must be so damp, and damp is so cold. And muddy, too. We had big winds last night. It got up to +20, but now it is back down to +8. Supposed to be -15 by the weekend, but who knows! I hope you are enjoying your crazy weather! :)

rebecca said...

Their cat looks like my Olivia that I'm ready to give to someone - anyone! - as a Christmas present. Oh, but what a little pain she is. This is one cat that would love to be the only cat in the house because she greatly dislikes her feline family. Loves humans, hates other felines. Yes, a real pain. But she is the creation of my husband who spoils her rotten.