Followers

Monday, October 20, 2008

PAINTINGS OF PHOEBE....


Evening chores...it was much milder outside than I expected it to be.  We have not used our furnace yet this year and when we finally turned it on, it didn't work.  The inside of our house was about 55 until we built fires in the kitchen and living room...it was actually warmer outside.  I made a big pot of vegetarian chili and we had some friends over for dinner.  Interestingly enough, my friend Carol told me about a great book she read yesterday called "Izzy and Lenore."  It was written by Jon Katz of Bedlam Farm (see my link) and I just finished his book "A Dog Year."  If you like animals, you must start to read his books (14).
Currently he is on tour with his most current book....again "Izzy and Lenore."  I so enjoy his writing style.  His online Journal is also loaded with some fabulous photographs.  Check it out sometime.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

The older I get, the more I look forward to winters...nothing beats getting bundled up under layers of clothes or unders layers of blankets, all nice and cozy, watching your shows or reading. it's such a nesty time of year and all you seek are the hot soups and hot cocoas that fill and sate the belly. love it!