Followers

Saturday, October 4, 2008

THE LOFT...





After chores I went upstairs in the barn to get 4 pieces of wood that I could cut and nail around the two windows in Berlin's stall.  Yesterday I put in the plexiglass and more support was needed.  What you see is my hay supply for the year (if I am lucky).  It was not easy to find because of all the rain we had during first cutting season.  This is the least amount of hay I have ever purchased, as three of my horses are supplemented with alfalfa cubes and will not be eating much of the regular stuff.  We shall see if I have done the right thing.

This barn has one more loft above this level, and includes a grainery and two other storage areas (Joe's Cart is in one of them).  I believe I could get about 3000 bales in here if I had to.
My barn is always in great shape.  It is always clean and organized.  Gary's barn on the other hand.........

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Ummm, I'm thinking my barn would look like Gary's barn. And Homer's barn...we won't mention it! :)