Followers

Monday, October 27, 2008

DARKNESS


When we change our clocks, I will be doing chores earlier.  It's hard to imagine going out there in a blizzard.  Fortunately, my schedule is slowing down and I am able to have some down time.  I start dinner before going out to do evening chores and when I come back in the kitchen smells great and there is a nice fire going.  Because it is dark by then, it is the kind of cozy that I love.  There is something great about every season.  We have been trying not to turn on our furnace (unless I have my class) so I am definately getting into the long underwear mode.  When both of our stoves are going, we can keep the downstairs at 70 (the upstairs is about 55!).  Fortunately, our bedroom is downstairs.  This is a big old farmhouse, and there are 4 bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs, but they are not used.  I know! I know! You must think we are nuts.  We both spend a lot of time outside, so when we come it, it feels fine.  During the summer, I put the horses in before I go to bed.  Now, they are in by 6:30 so I can put on my PJs and hit the couch.  I'm now on my second Jon Katz book and really enjoy his writing style.  

Are all of you getting at least 10 political messages everyday?  

2 comments:

Gayle said...

PJ's by 6:30 is fantastic considering I never actually took mine off today! :) I do not like to be cold so I'm the kind of gal who turns up the furnace. If we had a wood stove I'd pack it full! I'd love to curl up on the couch with a fire and good book...guess we'll have to get a couch first! (Waiting to do so when we are downstairs). Can you believe the politicians haven't found my inbox yet? Nothing.

Victoria Cummings said...

Lori - Beautiful pictures! The light at this time of year is so great. Although today, we're getting nothing but rain and maybe even a little snow. I too love that cozy feeling of putting dinner in the oven before I go tuck the horses in the barn. To come back inside from the dark to the fire and the good smells is one of my favorite things. I feed at 6:30 am, so I'm looking forward to it not being so dark after the time falls back. I'd rather have it be dark for dinner than dark for breakfast.