Followers

Friday, September 5, 2008

HOUSE TOUR...




































































This is for Lynda, Gayle and Fe.  As you can see, our house is full of art and "things".....too many things.  It is comfortable and lived in to the max, by our family and friends.
We enter the house from the side door, and it takes you into a large kitchen.  Next to that is a long, skinny room that acts as a dining room studio...it's the one with all the art on the walls.  I have plexiglass on the table with lots of work underneath.  Through the french doors (full of kids finger prints), you go into the living room, and from there you can see the library.  Next to that is our bedroom.  There are 4 bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs, but I will save that for another day.  A big old farmhouse built in 1853.  The porch is off the kitchen....a nice place for any meal.  And as you can see, Phoebe wants to model in as many rooms as possible.  (Sorry the photos are not in a particular order).

3 comments:

Gayle said...

My comments (in a particular order!) :) I like the tree by the door...I'm guessing it must bloom in the spring. So many books! The fish mobile over the dining table is really cool. Wood heat feels so good, and who plays the piano? That is a beautiful quilt on the bed. Did you make it? I'd love to know how to quilt. I used to have a rug a lot like the one infront of the television. Aren't those the calendar photos in the workshop table? What a clever idea. So many great pieces of art come out of that workshop. It must be hard to not keep them all. That is a very interesting lamp (to say the least). I love the cabinets in the kitchen. I've always wanted ones to see thorugh. The ceramic pieces are so fun! Finally, about the best thing about older homes is they built porches. I love porches! Thanks for the tour.

CoyoteFe said...

I am so happy you gave this (virtual)tour! I love the windows, the great light and nice shadows. I bet you fill this home like your art does. Love the art, the dining room/studio - and Phoebein her chairs. :-)

I'm a blue girl, but the reds warm me.

I can see that it is just wonderfully filled with love, and I am glad you live there.

Music is perfect, as usual!

Lisa & Gerald said...

Thanks for the lovely tour of your home!