Followers

Saturday, August 30, 2008

AND WHAT WAS WAITING FOR US WHEN WE GOT HOME YESTERDAY AFTERNOON?



A few days ago I called a Tree Service Company that has delivered us tons and tons of wood chips over the past several years.  They did not call back, but I can be patient.  When we got home after an appointment yesterday, there sat a dump truck full of chips directly in front of the entrance to the paddock!  One HUGE pile.  You could not even walk around it without shoveling some of them out of the way...and this is the gate the grain delivery man goes through to get to the barn!  What were they thinking?  I could not get a wheelbarrow of manure around it!!!  Even though we were having company for dinner in 2 1/2 hours, I decided it was time to move some of this stuff.  Because the chips were much nicer than usual, I put them in the run in part of the horse barn.  When I get my next load of sawdust, it will go on top.  It looks great, we shall see if the horses like it.  Today, we will be forced to move the rest of the pile one wheelbarrow at a time...and they thought we had a front loader!!!

3 comments:

Lisa & Gerald said...

Sound like you are going to be busy foe awhile hehehehe Its not easy being green love that song

CoyoteFe said...

I can get you a deal on a front-loader (kidding!).

threecollie said...

Found your blog via Farm Blogs of the World. Love your photos!
What is with delivery guys who do this anyhow? We have had seed corn delivered to the manger in front of the cows and many other kinda foolish things over the years.