Followers

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

FOR ME, TUESDAY IS CLASS DAY




























This is student work that is done or nearly done.  I have posted some of it in the past so you could see the progress they are making.  The drawing of the flowers is by Lydia (the Diva), my 91 year old student!  In this class, I have a real mix of retirees.  A librarian, criminal justice college professor, an accountant, an elementary teacher, a (still working) music teacher, another college teacher, a professor of nursing, ....and it goes on.  Several of my students are on sabbaticals this summer, golfing or living somewhere else til fall.  Oh yes, I have one very creative 14 year old who is totally enjoyed by this group.  I barter, art lessons for her in exchange for massage therapy (her Mom is a therapist).  A few years ago I traded art lessons for piano lessons...I always wanted to play "Moonlight Sonata" and now I can. Playing the piano is such an opportunity for expression.  I like 40s and classical and am real back yard.  (By the way, at the end of class, a bird flew toward the table and landed on a briefcase.  Sat there long enough for me to get a photo as the students watched).

2 comments:

CoyoteFe said...

I love your class' work, and I think the blackbird agrees, or maybe she's just nosy! For some reason I have always liked blackbirds.

Unknown said...

Yes your pupils make good work.
When the hotness gets down, I'll go and take a dressage lesson. I plan to get the level 5.
There are 7 levels in classic equitation.
The 8th and the ninth are for the people who want to become equestrian teacher.
Are there the same levels in the States ?