Followers

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

ABOUT BERLIN




Berlin is a 3/4 Trakehner out of Marieke, by Borallis.  Her dam was the finest horse I will ever own, and we lost her at age 19.  Berlin was born here 23 years ago on the day that her grandfather won the world cup jumping competition in Berlin, Germany (so, her name).  His name was Abdullah and he went on to the Olympics, where he won silver and gold medals.
She is the horse I ride the most, and is a real sweetheart.  When I go out to the pasture to get her, I say "Berlin! do you want to go for a ride?" and everytime, she will canter up to me, go in a circle one time, then let me put on her halter and lead her in.  She has the brain and breadth of her mother, but is much shorter. I used to take classical dressage lessons on her, but we have been on vacation for a long time.

2 comments:

CoyoteFe said...

You make me want to learn to ride with the wonderful stories of your horses, but alas I am too old, and would fall on my ...

Gayle said...

I don't thing God has made a more perfect animal (other than maybe giraffes because I love giraffes). What a wonderful life you have...family, a farm and such wonderful creatures to share it with. Your smile says it all. God bless you.