Followers

Sunday, June 1, 2008

THE NORTHAMTON DRIVING SOCIETY SHOW

























This morning I went over to watch some friends and found over a hundred photo opportunities.  The picture right above is Sue Zuber, she was one of the show managers.
As you can see, the horses and whips (drivers) were well turned out.  The weather was a little on the cool side, but great for the horses.  It was the 22nd annual competition and was in honor of Don Grentzinger (the man with the hat and sunglasses - not on a vehicle).  Don has trained and driven horses for as long as I can remember and has been a big supporter of this organization.  The dog at the top is DJ, Phoebe's boyfriend (therapy dog), owned by the great photographer above....Tina.
If you don't like horses, this is going to be a long one....

2 comments:

CoyoteFe said...

These are great photos! They remind me of the shows around here. I grew up going to the Devon Horse Show every year (and learned nothing of consequence about horses!). And, I'm about 10 minutes from Radnor Hunt, where they a carriage parade.

CoyoteFe said...

You are too funny! Horse connection??? I have been on a horse TWICE in my life. The first time was as a passenger, and it was exhilarating, but when you're clinging to a friend's back at full gallop, you cannot say that you actually "rode", can you? The second time, I was in a state park where they have a horseback riding by the hour. It was a warm lazy day, and we walked the entire trail. The only time the beautiful, drowsy white horse showed any enthusiasm was when we came back in sight of the barn. I felt too guilty for keeping her from her oats to go back!