Followers

Monday, March 3, 2008

The Skoog Farm Workshop





Almost six years ago, I started teaching art at the farm.  Tonight I have a class at 7pm.  These are samples of the project we have been working on.  It is a design project (sort of OP ARTish) and is done with black ink.  Currently I have 14 students in two different classes, one that meets Monday nights and the other on Tuesday afternoons.  Several of them have been here once a week since the workshop started.  The great majority are retired, and bring with them the most interesting backgrounds...many were teachers (elementary, criminal justice and nursing at SUNY Brockport), 2 were librarians, 1 was a forensic social worker, etc.  My oldest student is 91 years old and is wintering in the West.  We call her the "diva" and look forward to her return.  My one and only young student is 13 and fits right in.  This cannot be called work as it is such a pleasure.  Only a few of them came to me with experience, and they all have grown so much.  You can see their work in the Picasa Web Album link.

1 comment:

Rick said...

I love the art - very interesting. Also interesting that you teach a class.

So, what do you think of my little art blog, teacher?

http://www.organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/