Followers

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Fire and Ice






Like most of the towns in this area, we got blasted with snow last night.  At least a foot, and still coming down.  We had to shovel quite a bit in order to have a place to put the horse's hay.
I tried to keep them outside as long as possible, but by 1pm the wind was too strong and I tucked them in for the afternoon.  They will go out again before evening chores as they are not used to being inside for such a long period of time.  You should get quite a kick out of my barn "uni" as I pull my little orange sled with water and beet pulp to the barn.  (Be sure to check out the polo wraps around my knees).  
Fortunately, Gary was able to help me dig out the doors and driveway in between cleaning stalls and dumping wheel barrows.  He's pretty good with a shovel!

No comments: